We have had some kind of celebration every day this week at work for "IT Appreciation Week". For example... Ice cream social, pizza lunch, and today we had a team lunch which was a selection of Italian food from Olive Garden.
So, in an effort to be good today, I decided to fix me a salad and put some chicken on it. However, I was the second-to-the-last person in line, so by the time i fixed my salad, the chicken was ALL GONE ... .... ... I got incredibly sad about that for some reason. I was also mad about it because I saw how some people piled the chicken on their own plates and they were enjoying eating it all up!
So... I left... and later without anyone seeing, I threw away the salad (which by the way had the Olive Garden dressing on it) and resorted to my lunch juice. In spite of myself, I was actually forced to drink my lunch today. I should be happy about this ~ even though it was circumstantial ~ but in fact, I still feel sad ...
To successfully complete my mission with juice fasting,
I'm going to have to disconnect from my familiar (my entire lifetime) way
of looking at ~ and being satisfied by ~ FOOD.
No more getting sad over the food not being available. That's just ridiculous... considering there are people who are TRULY hungry!!!
Breakfast: Grapefruit juice
Lunch: Green juice - broccoli, spinach, cucumber, green apple, & pear
Pre workout: Green juice plus a beet
Workout: Karate at TKS central
Atta girl: No fattening pasta
... and they had fettuccine alfredo and some kind of yummy-looking-ravioli
Right now, it's hard to disconnect. I'm wondering if it's even possible... ... ... I wish I could talk to that man who juiced for 60 days. He did say he stayed in bed for the first several days.
Will Power=3 (by chance..) Opting for the wrong choice=Catching up with me :(

No comments:
Post a Comment