Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 14 - Sunday (another day off the wagon)

Today another very busy day and I made some poor decisions.  First... my karate instrutcor who volunteers at the zoo invited us to go there with her which is great because she gives a wonderful tour.  Orlando and I met her at 8:50am which was her idea, I suppose to beat the crowd.  We perused the zoo, then went and had lunch together.  This means I didn't go to church  :((   So I had a hard time shaking the feeling that I was putting the ZOO over God in my life.  Boooooooo


I did manage to eat a nice healthy Greek Salad with falafel on top.  Yes, I guess the falafel was fried, so that wasn't the perfect choice, but I wanted to have some protein that was different from CHICKEN for a change, so I made the choice.   I forgot to take a picture so I'm using a stunt picture from the internet - this looked the most like the salad i ate.


Before going to dinner - which we had planned to have Sushi with Wes - I decided to give Magic a bath which always seems like a big ordeal.  Unfortunately Magic-bath-time is a drink trigger for me, so since I blew it last night, I went ahead and made a screwdriver :((    So when dinner rolled around I figured I blew it with the screwdriver so I ordered wine and for the first time at Cafe Japon, I did not have to send the wine back - it was fresh and good tasting. Meanwhile, we had a great dinner, but 3 glasses later...... I'm ENTIRELY off the wagon this weak end!! 

So, besides the wine, my dinner was Tom Yung Goong soup, a salad - which was very yummy - and a Phoenix roll which I shared with everyone at the table.  YUM





No comments:

Post a Comment