Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 8 - One week complete (176)

I couldn't help myself and I got on the scales first thing this morning.  Actually I get on the scales every morning and I do it so that if I notice the scale going "UP" more than 2 days in a row, I need to make some kind of adjustment.  At this point, the scales must be heading down!!  So, good news. My weight is down 4.5 lbs today after 1 week in Jan Jumpstart!  Not too shabby, I am pleased.  I was hoping for an even 5 lbs but I can understand without exercising over the weekend, that I didn't get there.  So... the plan for this week is to be 100% compliant with exercises !!!  Let's see what results I get if I do ED and all prescribed workouts ~ now that's a concept.  This means I have to get up early in the morning.  I set my alarm for 6:15 (which was 15 minutes earlier than usual).  I did get up in time for the morning workout, but I think I'm going to set it for 6am which will allow me a snooze and 1/2 and still get up by 6:15.  Gotta love my psyche again....

Morning workout - Dax's Propriotism, Mobility Matrix 1 and Mobility Matrix 2.  Then I walked Magic for about 20 minutes ~ nothing strenuous.      OK... this is the first time I did Mobility 1 and probably the first time I did the end part of the Mobility 2 correctly.  I have to say that I really appreciate these simple routines. I can see how they help with daily activities and also jumpstart my metabolism.  I will do these 3 mobility exercises every morning with prescribed workouts. They take about 30 minutes if I'm following Dax on the video.  If I do them standalone I could probably complete in 15 mins.

Breakfast - berries.  Ok today I used the leftover berries from last week and I'm wishing I would have put a grapefruit or tangerine in there so it would stretch out into the after noon.  This was a smaller portion but it was refreshing and I really love the fruit in the morning. 

Midday workout - Dax's Propriotism plus his Power Circuit.   I did the PC with 30 reps and 10 walkouts.  I plan to increase it next time I do it to 35 reps and 15 walkouts.

This week I have planned to bring my own salads for lunch instead of going to the hospital cafeteria, so I purchased some chicken and diced turkey at Whole Foods and I hard-boiled up some healthy eggs of my own.  I have Lettuce, spring mix and spinach in the fridge and I want to use it up so it hopefully doesn't go bad. Then I noticed we had leftover gyro meat and I forgot the chicken and turkey meat so I left strict instructions for Orlando to not eat my food :) haha.

Lunch - Tossed salad (leftover from last night) with 1 hard boiled egg and gyro meat (leftover from Friday night). No cheese and no dressing on the salad.   Tasty meal, I ate when I was hungry. Felt full after and also felt a little bit sleepy after... probably that gyro meat is not very healthy for me....

Sometimes I just want to eat the leftovers........


No comments:

Post a Comment