Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 7 - Sunday and Dax gave us a day off?

Well... it's a day off (if we CHOOSE) also Dax dismissed any restrictions (if we CHOOSE) as long as the food or drink is something we love and also something we feel good about before and after consuming.  So that puts the whole thing in our own hands. Knowing that, I really don't want a day off. Hahaha isn't our psyche interesting?  

So, I did end up not working out again. This is no big surprise. If you give me an inch I'll take a mile with not having to exercise.  Maybe one day I'll just WANT TO exercise and will miss it if I don't.  I'm sure I will get there.   However, it's worth mentioning that I did stay on my feet all day did laundry and partially cleaned the floor downstairs and the bathroom upstairs.  I stood all day until my feet hurt at night ~ with the exception of my drive out to the dairy farm.  Speaking of which, I have decided to get milk so I can make kefir and get yogurt so I can make my natural probiotic.  The ED specifies no dairy, however this probiotic has been such a great natural way to regulate my poop!  I know that sounds a little gross, but without it I have days of constipation.  With it I am regular. So!!!  Easy decision to make after the restrictions were lifted.  I will keep my portions small. I only picked up a 1/2 gallon of milk so I'll have less temptation to just drink a glass of milk or have a bowl of cereal.

Since I knew I wasn't going to exercise, I decided to fast during for breakfast and lunch. I did crack a little and had a couple of small handfuls of salted NUTS.  Then later I noticed Orlando finished them off so GOOD!!! I don't have the salted nuts around to keep tempting me which I am very weak around the nuts.

Pre-dinner tonight I had a Carrot Zinger juice which was a wedge of pineapple, 3 apples, and 4 carrot sticks with a small knob of ginger.  I'm not a huge fan of ginger, but I did like the taste of this drink and it would not have been much of a zinger without the ginger, so I appreciated it.


Dinner - So, Orlando got his buzz on tonight.  While I obediently drank water and the carrot zinger, he had several tequila shots and at least 3 beers while he grilled dinner.  GOOD!!! The tequila's gone and away from possibly tempting me. Dinner for me was 1/2 grilled chicken breast, leftover mean green which I added some additional spinach into the mix, and tossed salad (had blue cheese and dressed with my oil and apple cider vinegar dressing).  Hungry!! Enjoyed everything - probably liked the chicken the least. Not overly full after.  Orlando says the mean green was the best part of this dinner and I have to agree with him on that...

What is it with all the temptations?   Are they really temptations or am I making them ...

No comments:

Post a Comment